I love the view from your roof:
I love celebrating all sorts of holidays, Nepali and American, with you (and Jessie's mom for sending us this easter egg dyeing kit!):
I love our Nepali teachers (here's Anjala during a Jeopardy game, totally one-upping Alex Trebek in both the beauty and the awesomeness departments):
I love how you keep us up-to-date on the local news, fashions, and customs:
I love the incredible friends you've given us:
I love the extra color you've brought into my life:
I'm excited for my homestay and my research, but I'll miss you for the next month, CNSP. Take care!
Derai maayaa (much love),
Rani
To my ever-faithful blog readers: I'll probably be out of direct e-mail contact for the next two weeks, as I'll be living with a family in the rural-ish village of Sita Pailaa, about 40 minutes from here. For the rest of our research month, though, from about April 24 onward, I'll be in Kathmandu and therefore should be able to post on here again!
What a fabulous entry. I always love checking out all your pictures. And it seems like you've grown really close with those in your dorm, which is great. Only recently have the people in my dorm stopped being "stupid" and started really trying to enjoy their time here (though a few have from the start -- and those are my friends :p).
ReplyDeleteAnyways, have a great homestay and I can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks for your thankfulness -- it's heartwarming, more than you could imagine.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom :o) <3 <3 <3
What a lovely tribute to your program. I'm so glad you're leaving us with something to reflect on while you're incommunicado for the next couple of weeks. But that won't keep us from thinking about you and trying to imagine what this new experience will be like. I hope it will be all that you want it to be and that you will meet some nice people. Stay healthy, please! Much love, Auntie Trish
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your research project! Better hope your translator doesn't go missing, or you'll be up a creek without a paddle....
ReplyDeleteRenee! You are a brave soul, and I love your blog. I generally require plumbing in my life...but that's rather unadventurous, isn't it? Have a marvelous time at your homestay.
ReplyDeleteI miss you. Hope you're having fun - and getting lots of good stuff for your research. Much love, Auntie Trish
ReplyDeleteGood dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.
ReplyDelete