Thursday, June 2, 2011

Zippy Hippie Salad

Can't you just smell the incense and patchouli?
The more I try to use things up in my pantry before I move out of state at the end of July, the more unique (read: crazy) my cooking gets! I was actually really pleased with how this had turned out, and loved the taste and crunch of the sprouted quinoa. It was well received at my friend Kate's potluck!


Zippy Hippie Salad
(Spicy Sprouted Quinoa and Veggies)


In a large bowl, combine:
~About 2 c sprouted quinoa (I used these directions)
~Grated carrot
~Shredded red cabbage
~Chopped celery and cucumber
~Tomato wedges
~Chopped cilantro
~Salt and pepper to taste
~Spicy seasoning mix to taste (I used Texas Wildfire)
~EVOO and apple cider vinegar

Mix and enjoy! This was fabulous on its own or tossed with baby spinach and topped with a little grated cheese. If you skip the cheese and use raw vinegar, this recipe is 100% raw.

1 comment: