I do this from time to time in my journal to talk some sense into myself when I am freaking out about something, but I'm at work so I'm doing it on here instead.
~Housing transitions. One roommate is leaving early and may have found a subletter to take her place on the first, aka this Thursday. I am really really really not fond of the idea of living with a random stranger for the next few weeks until my planned moving date of May 16.
~Because of this I called my property manager to see if I could move in to the new place earlier, and found out that I might be able to move in to my new place as early as this Saturday (!!! - guess I better start packing).
~Finals and work and clinical work and thesis allegedly all carrying on as normal despite all this...
~Being a Type-A planner, I always get uncomfortable around semester transitions when my schedule is up in the air. I want to know RIGHT NOW what my schedule will look like in June and July and beyond.
Reality check/counter-argument:
~You get to leave early! Being someone who is hyper-obsessive about planning and organizing, the last-minute nature of this is not appealing, but the end result will be so positive. You have lots and lots of friends (many with trucks) who are ready and willing to help. The new place is around the corner and you have plenty of time to transition slowly: just move big stuff Saturday and then take your time moving everything else over the next few days.
~Re. other work: this is going to be a stressful crunch week in some ways for sure, but if worse comes to worst just take a sick day and/or cancel with your client. Your mental health is just as important as hers.
~Re. wanting to know my schedule: let's worry about one thing at a time this week. Save that one for next week. For now, just look forward to your two SORELY needed vacations coming up in the next few months: Atlanta for a wedding, visiting with a dear friend in SC for a day or two on the way down and way back, and home to NH for a couple weeks.
At this time next week I could be settling into my lovely new house, where I will finally feel like I can relax and breathe after a stressful last few months!!! I am also one week and one day away from handing in the final for my LAST CLASS EVER in grad school! Chin up, Renée! :o)
Stress thyself not -- you'll get there. <3
ReplyDelete