Thursday, April 10, 2014

Make my day

Life feels a little crazy and transient right now, with the end of the semester coming, some things seemingly dragging on forever (*cough* THESIS), and a few big plans and changes in the works (MOVING to my very own adorable little house)! Things are going well overall, but more days than not I arrive home exhausted at 9pm and don't get much time to do fun stuff for myself.

Complaints aside, I'm grateful for the opportunity to be getting my Ph.D., of course, despite the fact that it generally makes life feel like a five-ring circus. I'm grateful for a wonderful, loving support network of family and friends, a safe and affordable place to live, health care, etc. I do feel like our lists of what we're grateful for often neglect to include small things, though, and I want to turn that on its head in this post. Without further ado, I give you The Little Things That Make My Day Lately:

Source for this mediocre photo
1. Kroger chopped salad kits. Ehrmagerd. My coworker turned me on to these. About $3 for two generous helpings of tasty tasty salad, complete with toppings? Sign me up. My favorite is the Asian one, which is a blend of shredded cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and green onion. It comes with a yummy sesame-ginger dressing and crunchy toppings to sprinkle on (almond slices and wonton strips). I also really like the Southwestern, which comes with cilantro ranch and a topping of crunchy blue corn tortilla strips and pepitas.

I add chicken to mine for an easy and filling meal. It seriously makes my day knowing I have a few of these in the fridge for lunch or dinner. In fact, I'm enjoying one as I write this post!



Source
2. Candy Crush. Uh-bsessed. It's the perfect quick brainless break/reward, and the little hard candies are so cute!










Source
3. High-quality iced coffee from the hipster doughnut place on the way to work. It's cheaper to make my own, sure, but every once in a while I just want someone else to do it for me, and it makes my morning.



4. Cuddles with these little monkeys.







No comments:

Post a Comment