I don't like "resolutions." I like goals. Here's what I'm thinking for this year.
PERSONAL GOALS
1. Successfully complete the Monument Avenue 10k in Richmond on 3/28/15. I've already signed up and started training. My goal is to run the whole thing without stopping/walking.
2. Travel out of the country! This was on last year's list and didn't happen.
3. Read great literature from each continent besides Europe and the US, 'cause plenty of that has happened already in my whitey Western education: Africa, South America, Asia, Australia. Preferably on a Native topic/from a Native perspective.
4. Lose some damn weight finally. Screw you, grad school. Speaking of which:
4. Lose some damn weight finally. Screw you, grad school. Speaking of which:
SCHOOL GOALS
1. Complete capstone case presentation as early as possible this semester (1/4 remaining Big Tasks standing between me and the Ph.D).
2. Officially begin prelims (Big Task 2/4; deadline to start this process for 2015 is 3/31/15).
2. Officially begin prelims (Big Task 2/4; deadline to start this process for 2015 is 3/31/15).
3. Successfully complete prelims by the end of spring semester.
4. Propose dissertation (based off of my lit review for prelims) by fall 2015. Complete and defend ASAP (Big Task 3/4).
MAYBE 5: If I have a reasonable amount of clinical hours and some sort of additional research something (either publishing my thesis or doing some poster presentation at a conference), apply for internships in fall 2015 (Big Task 4/4). This is negotiable. The process is expensive, time-consuming, and stressful. I want to GTFO of school as much as the next person and return to, you know, living my damn life, but there's also something to be said for taking another year to make sure I am competitive, and less stressed.
MAYBE 5: If I have a reasonable amount of clinical hours and some sort of additional research something (either publishing my thesis or doing some poster presentation at a conference), apply for internships in fall 2015 (Big Task 4/4). This is negotiable. The process is expensive, time-consuming, and stressful. I want to GTFO of school as much as the next person and return to, you know, living my damn life, but there's also something to be said for taking another year to make sure I am competitive, and less stressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment