Friday, July 17, 2015

Home sweet home.

I'd be lying if I said I was completely thrilled to be back in the States. Nowhere is perfect, but in my dirty liberal opinion most of Europe has their act together a lot more than we do. I've seen more homeless/panhandling people in the last 24 hours than during our entire 2 weeks abroad. Not cool, America.

...That said, it's really, really nice to be back in my kitchen, and to see my kitty cats again!


My first-ever green tomato pie with CSA
tomatoes and expert sous chef-ing by
Boyfriend...sounds weird but it's good!

CSA tomatoes and cantaloupe with feta and
basil (thanks Linz for the suggestion). CSA
new potatoes in a tortilla espanola, with
romesco sauce...mmm!
I could eat that delicious romesco sauce with a spoon. Other potential applications:
  • Use as a pizza sauce
  • Toss with pasta
  • Thin out and serve as a cold soup
  • Make thick and serve as a spread on a cheese plate
  • Smear on a sandwich
And now, I give you kitties:

MINE ALL MINE

ZZZZZ










































































I'll close with a cute Chai story since she's not pictured in this post and I don't want her to be insulted.  I was sitting on my bed doing some stuff on the computer earlier this morning and she started meowing really loudly in the living room. I went out to see what was going on and she started dragging her "rainbow toy" (a wand with a dangly rainbow fleece strip hanging off the end) toward me. So cute. She did it several times this morning, so we've had lots of playtime. Smart little bugger.

***EDIT: ugh, everything in this post is in a weird little box. I'm way too lazy to try and fix it right now, so please bear with it, ok?***

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't look weird or ughy to me... so there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, food, kitties, stories, packing advice, etc. etc. etc.

    Lots-o-love. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete