Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Currently...

I think this is the fourth iteration of "Namaste Renée" now, bless its persistent little heart. I started it my junior year of undergrad (coming up on seven years ago now, eep!) to keep family and friends in the loop while I whooped it up in Nepal for a semester. After graduation, giddy from inordinate amounts of free time, I did the fashion blog thing for a time. While gearing up for grad school, and fearing the loss of said free time, I tried general lifestyle blogging: fashion, food, crafts, what have you. It's been one year, six months, and fifteen days since my last "lifestyle" post, so clearly that went well.

The new plan for this blog is called "doing whatever the heck I want." Three posts a day, haphazard posts thrice yearly, crafts (or not), food (or not). I would, however, like to add a new purpose to the hullaballoo: tracking my personal progression after a fairly stagnant summer (detailed post to follow, stay tuned).

I would now like to celebrate my triumphant return to the blogging fold by completing a totally played out blog meme that involves sharing insignificant details about my life with Internet strangers (and my mom).

Currently, I am:

Listening to my beloved country playlist on iTunes...and ain't nobody gonna make me feel embarrassed about it.

Reading too many books as usual: The Eighty-Dollar Champion, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, Mindset, Jesus the Christ, and Anatomy of an Epidemic. I'm also in Luke in the Bible and Jacob (the awesome olive tree allegory) in the Book of Mormon.

Cooking meals involving lots of yellow pear tomatoes and basil, both from my garden. Nom.

Wearing bike shorts under every skirt and dress. Nothing like chub rub prevention in this dadgum heat!

Thinking about how I can be more deliberate with my time.

Anticipating a fun weekend getaway to NC with Ryan, a busy week wrapping up with clients and training for my new job, and then a long and ill-advised solo drive up to NH for a family visit, where I plan to eat lobster until I explode.

It's good to be back, Interwebz!

फेरि भेटौला,
Renée/Rani

No comments:

Post a Comment