Hey everyone! I'm alive! A lot has happened in the past two and a half months, namely moving to Virginia for grad school and getting all settled in here. I love my apartment, city, and grad program so far, despite the crazy earthquake we had this morning (5.9 magnitude, the largest ever recorded in this state). Yikes. I had never experienced an earthquake before, and it was scary.
Anyway, needless to say, I have a LOT of catch-up posting to do. I'll start where I left off oh-so long ago: my 30x30 recap! I committed to this challenge for the month of May and began by posting photos of the 30 clothing/footwear pieces I chose here. Below are the 30 outfits I came up with, slightly out of order...
Some things I found during the process:
- I know a lot of people struggle with this challenge, but I actually found it really enjoyable. It made it much easier to get dressed in the morning, and I felt like I could have kept going much longer.
- Being a rather type-A list maker I wrote down as many outfit possibilities as I could think of after taking pictures for the intro post, while everything was out of the closet. I sorted my ideas into work/church appropriate and weekend/casual categories. Of course, I came up with new ideas over the course of the month, too.
- I thought I would be raring to get access back to the rest of my closet at the end of the month, but since the things I chose were favorites I wasn't as excited as I thought I'd be to wear my other pieces of clothing again. This revelation led to some intense closet purging -- never a bad thing, especially just before moving!
These outfits were particular favorites of mine:
In short, my 30x30 experience was very positive! I'm glad I did it and look forward to giving it a try the next time I come down with a case of "closet full of clothes and nothing to wear" -itis. Have you tried the 30x30 or a related challenge?

























No comments:
Post a Comment