Saturday, April 30, 2011

13 Going on 30 (for 30)


Happy Saturday, y'all! Can you believe it's already May tomorrow? Whee! I'm excited because May 1 kicks off my remix month! I've been wanting to do one of Kendi's 30 for 30 remix challenges pretty much since I started reading fashion blogs a couple of years ago, and I'm finally biting the bullet and jumping on the bandwagon (though hopefully not at the same time, because that sounds not only painful, but like it requires tons of the coordination I so desperately lack).

Anyway, clothes. In a nutshell, the 30 for 30 challenges you to shop your own closet. You choose up to 30 of any combination of tops, bottoms, and shoes and commit to wear only those things for the month (yes, this could mean a little extra laundry). The idea is to come up with as many creative new combinations as possible, no outside shopping allowed. You can, however, rotate through accessories as much as you'd like. Thank heaven for that; I have a feeling my belt and scarf collections will be saving the day here.

Anyhoo, here are the clothing items you'll be seeing quite a bit of throughout the merry month of May:

3 outer layers: black moto jacket, aqua ruffled cardi, navy blazer

4 skirts: blue and white maxi skirt, grey pencil skirt, navy/gold brocade pencil skirt, floral midi skirt

2 dresses: navy shirtdress, fuchsia tunic dress

5 tops: polka dot blouse, salmon ruffled blouse, tan chain-print blouse, watercolor printed tunic,
sequined green racerback tank

5 tee shirts plus a brown layering cami: 3/4 sleeve navy/white stripes, white v-neck, black/
silver stripes, white/tan stripes, pink lace

5 bottoms: blue-black skinny jeans, wide-leg striped sailor pants, sage "mom pants",
charcoal trousers with bow belt, camo shorts

5 pairs of shoes: burnt orange platform sandals, neutral wedges, leopard flats, brown laceless
oxfords, gold gladiator sandals
I can't wait to get started on my first 30x30, and neither can Monsieur Bakancito, it seems. Here are some behind-the-scenes shots of his styling prowess:

Mommm, y u block my window?

You can never go wrong with a pattern inspired by a fellow feline.

Then again, these other ones smell pretty awesome.

Nope, scratch everything. I like these the best. I LOVE SHOE.
I'll be back tomorrow with 30x30 post numero uno; right now I'm off to help my friend find a wedding dress, eek! I hope everyone has a lovely Saturday filled with fun, restful activities and lovely weather. Ciao for now! :o)

2 comments:

  1. good luck! can't wait to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm excited to finally be doing this!

    ReplyDelete