Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Christ the Lord is Risen Today...Er, The Day Before Yesterday

OK people, first things first. I give to you Renée's favorite Easter hymn, brought to you by the ever-awesome Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I highly suggest pressing "play" so you can rock out wicked hahd (as we say here in New England) while reading this little Easter recap:





Sorry, got lost in headbanging there for a moment, where was I? Ah yes, Easter! I spent a glorious weekend in New Hampshire with the fam. Here's what I wore to church:

Trench: thrifted. Bag: Aldo. Shoes: Seychelles "Shimmy" pumps via DSW. Lack of sun: THANKS NH.
Orange ruffly tank: Old Navy. Dress: Target. Smile: Mom n' Dad.
After church we proceeding to nom lots of exceedingly delicious things. Among our appetizers was this lovely dip bunny, which I was excited to recreate after seeing it on Pinterest earlier in the week:

"Plz not to eet mee!"
All you do is hollow out a big round loaf of bread, fill it with your dip of choice (here's mine), and set it on a big platter. Use a smaller boule for the face and decorate as you see fit. I used black jellybeans for the eyes, a pink one for the nose, and scallions for whiskers. Some little baguette ends make perfect ears, and wah-lah! All you need are some veggies and bread slices for dipping. A gruesome sense of humor doesn't hurt, either -- I mean really, what better way to celebrate Christ's resurrection than making up a dumb song about how you're eating spinachy bunny guts? I sure can't think of one.

                                          
                                                 Easter dinner: glazed ham, Gratin Dauphinois, yellow squash,
                                                 and asparagus with lemon/garlic/olive oil/shaved parm.
                
              Momzors had some seriously cute decorations going on as usual. I especially love the bunny/egg tree!

Ukranian pysanky eggs I made when I was younger! No, we're not Ukranian,
just fans of cultural appropriation or whatever.
...And then we ate candy till we exploded.
THE END! A belated Happy Easter to all and to all a good night! :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment