I'm fortunate enough to work on a beautiful, beautiful hospital campus. I can see the river out my office window. We have flowering trees everywhere. The grounds were designed by the same dude who did Central Park, for crying out loud. Don't worry, though -- the brown water alerts keep us from getting too spoiled.
Let me explain. Every so often (read: OFTEN) we get emails, usually with the RED EXCLAMATION POINT OF DOOM in the title, apprising us of a brown water alert. Not to surprise you or anything, but this means that the water in the building is going to be brown for the forseeable future because they're flushing the pipes out, and the pipes are old and probably full of lead and asbestos and other nutritious substances. Brown water in the sink. Brown water in the loo no matter how many times you flush. Brown water in your environmentally friendly reusable cup. Brown brown brown.
So, without further ado, here is what I wore yesterday (Monday) while NOT drinking the water in my building...thankfully I had some juice boxes stashed in the fridge to tide me over till I got home, where I proceeded to chug three giant glasses of water while my cats stomped around in the wet sink and shook their wet heads off all over my dry-clean-only silk skirt. At least THAT water wasn't brown!
When my coworker (aka fellow brown water victim/refugee) saw my outfit, she told me I looked like a "modern '50s woman". Best compliment ever.
Let me explain. Every so often (read: OFTEN) we get emails, usually with the RED EXCLAMATION POINT OF DOOM in the title, apprising us of a brown water alert. Not to surprise you or anything, but this means that the water in the building is going to be brown for the forseeable future because they're flushing the pipes out, and the pipes are old and probably full of lead and asbestos and other nutritious substances. Brown water in the sink. Brown water in the loo no matter how many times you flush. Brown water in your environmentally friendly reusable cup. Brown brown brown.
So, without further ado, here is what I wore yesterday (Monday) while NOT drinking the water in my building...thankfully I had some juice boxes stashed in the fridge to tide me over till I got home, where I proceeded to chug three giant glasses of water while my cats stomped around in the wet sink and shook their wet heads off all over my dry-clean-only silk skirt. At least THAT water wasn't brown!
| The lighting is so much better in the stairs! I bet the brown water can't get me out here! |
Tell me, what do YOU like to drink when water isn't an option? I need ideas for next time, haha. Thanks in advance, and ciao for now!
-Renée
P.S. I'm having a blast figuring out all the settings and such on my new camera, and still getting used to taking outfit pics with the self-timer, so keep your eyes peeled for (hopefully) better pictures as time goes on. :o)
-Renée
P.S. I'm having a blast figuring out all the settings and such on my new camera, and still getting used to taking outfit pics with the self-timer, so keep your eyes peeled for (hopefully) better pictures as time goes on. :o)
Snippy snap! Especially digging the jacket, super awesome/hot/punk but at the same time doing good things for the silhouette. Nice!
ReplyDelete:o) Thanks Andy! I love that jacket too but it attracts cat hair like a mofo. Sad sad.
ReplyDelete