Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sir Mix-a-Lot

I've gotten intensely into print-mixing lately. I think it all started with the impeccable stylings of one of my fave fashion bloggers, Kristine. Or Polly. Inspired by her quirky yet totally accessible print mixes, I raided my own closet only to come to the realization that I had spent the past several years wallowing in solids in an effort to look more grown-up and professional at work. Um, no. No more. One extremely fruitful trip to a well-stocked Goodwill later (Attleboro, for those in the MA-RI area) and I was in business. I can't wait to share some of my creations once I get myself a better camera! In the meantime, here is some excellent advice and inspiration on having fun with prints:

Refinery29: 6 Easy Ways to Mix Your Prints. How gorgeous is that J.Crew blouse?

EMvoy: Print Mixology - Runway to Reality. The look on the right is my favorite!

Academichic's series on the color wheel: extremely helpful for prints or solids!
Christie Brown: gorgeous, vibrant colors.

Prada Spring '11, from runway to street. I'm loving the look at top right.

House of Holland Spring '09: LOVE. The giant polka dots/ladylike floral combo has me combing through my closet.

And finally, a SWING AND A MISS from commonuncommun. Points for the confidence, but...egad.

Happy print mixing to all, and to all a good night!

Ciao for now,
Renée

No comments:

Post a Comment