Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 1 of the 30x30 Challenge!

Salmon ruffly blouse: free! Ruffly turquoise cardi: Old Navy. Grey pencil skirt: thrifted Limited.
Tan wedges: Target. "Silver" ball earrings: Claire's. Gold belt: J.Crew.
I swear I brushed my hair today.

Ruffles, you're just too good to be tru-ue...Can't take my eyes off of you-ou...
Happy May!!! Today's the first day of the 30 for 30 wardrobe challenge, where I draw from the same 30 pieces of clothing (and shoes) every day to create a month's worth of creative outfits. I never would've thought to pair this blouse and cardigan together (wasn't 100% sure about the color combination, and getting the massive puffy sleeves of this epic '70s blouse rolled under there was no small feat) but I'm glad I did! See, I'm already learning new lessons, like how salmon and aqua go together like, um, salmon and water?

Church was awesome today: rousing music as always (Will You Let Me Be Your Servant* is definitely one of my favorite hymns evar), gospel readings about Jesus' resurrection, and lots of exciting community events. We had a group of new members join, and Pastors Rebecca and Claudia did five baptisms too! After the service there was a lovely welcome potluck in honor of the new people, and a tour of the sanctuary and stained-glass windows by our congregation's resident historian. It was the first time I had the chance to listen to his talk, and I'm sure glad I went. Among the things I learned: the building draws from architectural styles as diverse as Spanish Mission and Greco-Roman; the architects who designed it came from the same firm responsible for building the Rhode Island State House downtown; and the gorgeous stained glass windows are by a Tiffany-trained artist. I could stare at them for hours. I'll have to post some pictures on here soon.

Well, so far this weekend I've speed-read/skimmed a couple books, done laundry, gone grocery shopping, watched a couple episodes of "The Riches" (<3 Eddie Izzard = Renée's future husband <3), and helped my friend Kate look at another round of wedding dresses. I think it's high time to get back outside and enjoy the phenomenal weather we're having this weekend. I hope everyone has a peaceful, happy, restful Sunday and a wonderful week. Ciao for now!

*Yes, this is wicked cheesy, but it's the best-quality recording I could find. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment