Monday, May 2, 2011

30x30, 2ème Jour

Salmon ruffly blouse: free! Brown camisole (underneath): Old Navy. Navy brocade pencil skirt:
thrifted Ann Taylor. Leopard-print flats: thrifted from the vintage shop on the first floor of my
apartment building...yes, it's a dangerous level of temptation every day. Bag: Aldo. Lip stain:
Maybelline "Cranberry Crush". Hair in dire need of a cut and color: Father Time.
Stacking rings: Charlotte Russe. Flowers: springtime in Providence! :oD
Better view of the lovely happy profusion of blooms behind me :o)
My lovely photographer for the day, Miss Jessica! She is super cool, and a real live Argentine! Don't
you love her colorblocking here? It looked even better in real life: a bright purple/indigo cardigan,
lilac shirt, and springy yellow-green skirt. We may have to adhere to a dress code at work but we sure
have fun with it.
It was GORGEOUS outside today. At lunchtime we spread a blanket (my very special fleecy horse blanket, made for me as a young horse-obsessed teen by a family friend) under one of the big, lush cherry trees outside our office building. They're in full bloom right now, white and fluffy and lovely, but I didn't take a picture because we're not supposed to on hospital grounds. I did manage a surreptitious snap of the leftover birthday cake Jess brought to share, though:

Nommy homemade chocolate ganache cake with purty sugar flowers awaits DEVOURING by
four hungry ladies on my fleecy horsie blankie...I may be an adult for all intents and purposes
but who says I can't still have a horsie blanket?!
Thanks Jess! Nom! Coming up: be on the lookout for a how-to post about what I made for dinner tonight. Hint: it was Japanese, not sushi but still involving rice, and extremely delish.

Ciao for now, mes amies (and amis if any guys read this)...

No comments:

Post a Comment