I had another outfit planned for today but two wrenches were thrown into said plan: colder-than-expected weather and a lack of clean clothing. No biggie, I just wore this silver and black striped shirt backwards for a different neckline and added tights under my skirt for warmth. And a jacket, because all my 30x30-approved sweaters and long-sleeved shirts were dirty too.
I had crazy amounts of comp (extra) hours at work, so I took the afternoon off to accomplish lots of productive things: grocery shopping, cooking for the week, cleaning the bathroom, and yes, doing laundry so I'm not stinky. Well, stinkier than necessary.
Then a couple of awesome folks came by for an impromptu potluck. I mean, really impromptu. On the menu: KFC, my homemade baked chicken with cherry-chipotle BBQ sauce, quinoa salad with corn/feta/scallions/tomato, homemade pea soup, and crab rangoon. Then for dessert we had cookies. Let's just say it was like a patchwork quilt somebody made in the dark and leave it at that. One sorely lacking in the fruits and veggies department. We even lit candles, and put one on a cookie while singing "Happy Birthday" to Ryan (albeit one day late). Here is the happy crew:
All in all, a capital day! Hope you all had a good one too. :o)



No comments:
Post a Comment