Monday, May 16, 2011

You're 16, You're Beautiful, and You're Mine

Trench: thrifted. Pink lacy top: Target clearance. Pants that are as comfortable as they are
heinous: thrifted. Gladiator sandals, in which my feet froze all day: Old Navy. Mixed-metals
chain necklace: dollar jewelry lady at work. Watch: Target clearance.

Haha, as close as I'll ever come to Blue Steel.

Freezing for photojournalism.

Small pleasures on the windowsill back at my office: Lilacs from my parents' yard, Swedish
Dala horse, Hello Kitty, carved owl gourd. Plants and fun little tchotchkes make the workday
so much nicer; everybody who comes into my office always comments on how homey my
side looks, and I totally think it's the plants.
Well, we're due for yet another week of gray and rainy weather here in New England, and I must say I was guilty of being pretty grumpy at times today (having to stay nearly 3 hours late at work didn't help much either). I'm lucky to have had quite a bit of instant (or nearly instant) good cheer waiting for me at home, though:

1. Two cute kitties purring by the door when I walked in
2. Inventing a glorious "oh poo I desperately need to go grocery shopping what the heck is in the pantry" meal: Progresso Tomato Basil Soup + frozen spinach + frozen kimchi potstickers. Strange, delicious Italian-Korean fusion. I predict it'll be the biggest sensation since Korean tacos
3. A hot shower followed by sweats and warm fleecy LL Bean sheepy slippers
4. Being very proud of the Renée of two days ago for having the foresight to smoosh cookie dough all over a banana and put it in the freezer...best dessert ever
5. Sitting in bed updating my blog with the help of said two kitties, who are now spooning after both having taken very cute and thorough baths...d'aww

OK, it's time for tea, Bible reading, and pass out-ing! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment