Wednesday, December 17, 2014

16. Outside the box.

Write about something you've been wanting to do that people don't expect from you. Perhaps a repressed dream or goal that you haven't shared with anyone. Something that will take you out of your comfort zone and expose a different side of you to others. Write about the thoughts and feelings that are holding you back.

I am not much of a risk-taker, but: I really, really want to go on a big adventure. I want to travel around the US in an RV. I want to travel around the world for a year with all my belongings on my back. I want to live abroad, experiencing as much of a location and its people as I can.

I have zero business sense, but: I'm always dreaming up ideas for businesses I would enjoy running (with the help of a financially savvy work partner): pet-friendly bed and breakfast, food truck (breakfast burritos, anyone?), sheep/goat dairy making fancy schmancy cheeses, personal chef, caterer...notice the food theme here? And the lack of silly academic mumbo-jumbo?

Things holding me back, in a nutshell: fear, complacency, lack of persistence, saying NO instead of YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment