Sunday, December 28, 2014

17. Clearing the air.

Write a letter or note to address that difficult conversation you've been avoiding. Say what you need to say to the person you need to say it to. Perhaps writing it for this challenge will give you the courage to address it in real life.

You probably won't even remember this. Years and years ago, I was going through a tough time, and so were you. I was trying to talk to you about my tough time - in hindsight, probably whining about it a bit too much when you were barely keeping your head above water - and you shut me down and said you didn't care. For some reason that has really stuck with me all these years, and I find myself revisiting that moment when there is tension between us.

I'm choosing now to let all this go, and to forgive you for that long-ago slight. Will you forgive me for carrying it with me for far too long?

No comments:

Post a Comment