Monday, December 29, 2014

19. When I think of home.

Think of an environment where you feel surrounded by kindred spirits. What kind of people, vibes, places and things inspire you? Also consider if you are putting yourself in these environments often enough. Are you making time to do the things that make you feel at home in your life?

First of all: LOL, vibes. Had to get that out of the way before I could at least pretend to take this one seriously.

I felt/feel surrounded by kindred spirits:
-in healthy religious environments (including my current church)
-at Camp Green Cove!
-at my assistantship for school
-in my church small group
-when with other nerds/geeks/dorks, generally eccentric people, band geeks, etc.
-when spending time with others who enjoy music, quality relationships, quality time, the outdoors, minimalism, anti-materialism, weird humor, making things, cooking, deep and thoughtful conversation, and other things/pursuits I enjoy

I think, actually, that because I really enjoy getting to know people and my interests are so varied, I can find a kindred spirit almost anywhere! Anne of Green Gables would be proud.

Re. the final question, whether I am making time to do the things that make me feel "at home in my life": I'm in a soul- and time-sucking graduate program for the foreseeable future, but I try my best. Singing in choir, cooking, snuggling with my kitties/boyfriend, laughing with friends, talking to family, reading, resting, and making art are all soul-soothing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment