As some of my readership knows (actually, probably 100%, 'cause I think my mom is the only person who reads this thing), I signed up for online dating recently. I was so excited to write about (and laugh at) the weird/uncomfortable/funny parts of the process I wrote a "vol. 1" tales of dating post under the assumption that I'd be doing it fruitlessly forever, with tons more amusing stories to share as a result.
Well.
The world is a funny place, and the universe loves nothing more than tossing THE EXACT OPPOSITE of my expectations into my life (while laughing its huge, rapidly expanding ass off). Exactly one year to the day after a heinous, heart-smashing breakup, I went out to lunch with Bachelor #2 from my dating site. I discovered that he is both a gentleman and a scholar (really). We have been happily seeing each other for the past month-ish, and last night decided that we officially constitute "an item," or whatever the kids are calling it these days.
All this to say, I am semi-regretfully relegating "tales from the online dating cyber-jungle" to a Han Solo-like state of suspended animation for the time being.
You stay classy, San Diego!

Well... 100% of your readership loves you very much (haha, I love that parenthetical you have in your first sentence). And although we are disappointed that you won't be entertaining us with Vol. 2, we offer you our congratulations on being "an item," and wish you all good things, so that you will continue to have much for which to be grateful. <3
ReplyDelete