So, my little brother recently got a free pair of hair clippers with a 1/4" comb from a friend, and I successfully buzzed his head a few weeks back without incident. Feeling sure of my newfound barber skillz, I offered to trim my boyfriend's scraggly neckline and sideburns recently. He agreed, excited at the prospect of extending his time between barber visits even further.
The stars finally aligned this afternoon: the weather was perfect and we were both free. I sat him down on a deck chair in the backyard, wrapped a towel around his neck, and shaved the back of his neck as requested. We could have stopped there, but no...
"Why don't you just cut it all off?" he said.
"Are you sure?" I asked. "A quarter-inch is really short. You saw my brother's right after I did it."
We went back and forth like this for a while, and he convinced me to go for it. Without thinking, I started trimming up his sideburn...without the 1/4" comb. Shit. I stopped and casually went for the comb without saying anything, hoping maybe that spot wouldn't be too noticeable.
"Wait," he said, "didn't you just do that spot without the comb?"
"Yes," I said, mortified.
"Well, now aren't we going to have to shave it all off?"
"Maybe it won't be that noticeable," I said hopefully.
Again, we went back and forth, him laughing, me embarrassed and apologetic. He finally convinced me that he wasn't concerned about it and to just shave it all off. Off came the stupid comb again, as well as a good three inches of hair from his head. He does look cute, and also a little like a Buddhist monk or Army recruit. Maybe both. Can one be both?
Anyway, I told him I was going to use all that cut hair to cast some sort of witchy voodoo spell on him. And that I would pay for his next haircut.
Well, where are the before and after pictures, so your readers can indicate which one they prefer? ;o)
ReplyDeletePS I've NEVER forgotten to put on the comb.... (ha - NOT!)
:oP That makes me feel somewhat better!
Delete