Sunday, May 3, 2015

RAoK #8

From Friday to Saturday I was on a glorious 24-hour "Sacred Pause" retreat with 7 lovely women. We made art, we talked about birth and mindfulness, we meditated together, I got Reiki'd for the first time (and it was amazing), I walked an outdoor labyrinth barefoot and found a beautiful blue robin's egg shell inside, we shared amazing meals, we cried. I left feeling happily tired, filled, and like I had found seven "kindred spirits," as Anne of Green Gables would call them.

The retreat center we stayed at is an ecumenical, interfaith-friendly Christian community with very simple amenities. Before leaving, visitors are asked to change the sheets on the bed and leave clean towels for the next guest. I hid two nice notes for the next occupants, one in the pile of towels and one in the desk Bible. I wanted to leave some cash, too, but forgot that I had left my wallet in the car. Ah, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment