My church small group had a fun and delicious Easter potluck last night. One of my friends is on a very restricted diet due to some autoimmune issues and I wanted to bring tasty food she could eat. We had a huge container of gifted black and green olives left over from a function last week, so I bought a pack of chicken drumsticks and made this delicious, easy dish.
Here are before & after photos, which you can click to enlarge. Yes, the before has whole legs and the after has the big pan of drumsticks, oops.
Baked Chicken with Lemon and Olives, inspired by this recipe
Ingredients:
Olive oil
Chicken (I did a panful of drumsticks for the potluck and a few legs for my lunches this week)
One sliced lemon (preferably organic, scrub well before slicing if not)
A boatload of your favorite olives, or olives you got for free :o)
Sliced onion to taste (I used about 1/4 of a huuuge white onion)
Peeled garlic cloves, halved, an obscene amount
Seasonings: salt, black pepper, rosemary, oregano, smoked paprika, red chili flakes
Heat oven to 375-ish. Drizzle your baking dish(es) with olive oil and add scatter the onion and garlic in them. I found that they burned if placed on top. Arrange chicken in a single layer over the onion and garlic. Dust chicken with seasonings to taste (use just a tiny hint of cinnamon). Scatter the lemon slices and olives over everything. Bake until they are done / your meat thermometer tells you they are done! My drumsticks took about an hour because I packed them a little too tightly in my dish.
Want to know what I'm enjoying alongside this yumminess for my lunch today?
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower with Bacon
Ingredients:
Olive oil
Broccoli, about 1 small head for every 2 people
Cauliflower, about 1/4 of a small head per 2 people
Sliced onion to taste
Uncured bacon, 1 slice per person
Salt and pepper
Heat oven to 400. Wash broccoli and cauliflower and separate into medium florets. Drizzle a baking sheet with a little olive oil and add the florets and onion. Place in the oven to begin roasting while you fry your bacon on the stovetop. Once bacon is cooked, reserve fat and set the slices aside on a plate to cool. Remove baking sheet from oven and drizzle the bacon fat on top of your veggies, toss. Top with salt and pepper to taste. Return to oven and continue roasting, stirring/tossing as needed, until done to your liking. Add crumbled cooked bacon before serving.
Here are before & after photos, which you can click to enlarge. Yes, the before has whole legs and the after has the big pan of drumsticks, oops.
Ingredients:
Olive oil
Chicken (I did a panful of drumsticks for the potluck and a few legs for my lunches this week)
One sliced lemon (preferably organic, scrub well before slicing if not)
A boatload of your favorite olives, or olives you got for free :o)
Sliced onion to taste (I used about 1/4 of a huuuge white onion)
Peeled garlic cloves, halved, an obscene amount
Seasonings: salt, black pepper, rosemary, oregano, smoked paprika, red chili flakes
Heat oven to 375-ish. Drizzle your baking dish(es) with olive oil and add scatter the onion and garlic in them. I found that they burned if placed on top. Arrange chicken in a single layer over the onion and garlic. Dust chicken with seasonings to taste (use just a tiny hint of cinnamon). Scatter the lemon slices and olives over everything. Bake until they are done / your meat thermometer tells you they are done! My drumsticks took about an hour because I packed them a little too tightly in my dish.
Want to know what I'm enjoying alongside this yumminess for my lunch today?
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower with Bacon
Ingredients:
Olive oil
Broccoli, about 1 small head for every 2 people
Cauliflower, about 1/4 of a small head per 2 people
Sliced onion to taste
Uncured bacon, 1 slice per person
Salt and pepper
Heat oven to 400. Wash broccoli and cauliflower and separate into medium florets. Drizzle a baking sheet with a little olive oil and add the florets and onion. Place in the oven to begin roasting while you fry your bacon on the stovetop. Once bacon is cooked, reserve fat and set the slices aside on a plate to cool. Remove baking sheet from oven and drizzle the bacon fat on top of your veggies, toss. Top with salt and pepper to taste. Return to oven and continue roasting, stirring/tossing as needed, until done to your liking. Add crumbled cooked bacon before serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment