Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Low-carb, gluten-free savory chive waffles!

Well, I just had the best brunch of all time. I can't get enough cauliflower lately, in any form! These waffles are slightly adapted from a recipe over at Your Lighter Side. My version has just under 250 calories and 3g net carbs per waffle. I'm terribly excited that I have three more of these babies in the freezer for future delicious brunches (or to use as bread for paninis). With a little sour cream, they taste exactly like latkes to me.


Savory Chive Waffles
1-1/2c raw cauliflower, buzzed into coarse crumbs in the food processor
1-1/2c shredded mozzarella, processed like the cauliflower
1/2c shredded Parmesan
3 eggs
4 Tb chopped chives
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp onion powder
1.5 Tb nutritional yeast
Black paper to taste

Mix all ingredients well. Spray a well-heated waffle iron with nonstick spray and cook 1/4 of the batter at a time. Make sure they are a nice dark crispy brown before removing. Enjoy with sour cream, bacon, and eggs for a deliciously filling meal any time of day!

Other stuff I'll be preparing for packed lunches and such in the coming week:
~Old-school pickled shrimp (to enjoy with salad and an avocado half)
~This delicious-sounding and easy chowder with bacon, clams, and cauliflower
~Classic broccoli salad (omitting the raisins, never liked those in there anyway) to accompany some grilled steak I found on manager's special

Can I just quit school and be someone's personal chef already?! :oP

2 comments:

  1. I love your waffle maker!!!! Heart shaped flower waffles?!?!?! Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a traditional Scandinavian pattern. I got it at Crate & Barrel on sale!

      Delete