Life has been oh so marvelous lately. Spring blossoms, cuddly kitties, a colorful new hammock, and of course lots of delicious healthy food...
I was inspired by (and mostly followed) this recipe over at Ruled.Me for Thai BBQ Pork Salad. Here's my adapted version:
Salad ingredients:
Thinly sliced green cabbage, 1 leaf/person
Chopped lettuce, few cups/person (I used several types)
Chopped red pepper
Sliced cucumber
Diced daikon
Chopped carrot
Chopped mint and cilantro
Sliced scallion
Leftover slices of roast pork tenderloin (which was on super sale at Kroger this week)
Sauce ingredients for 3 servings, mix everything and pour over salad:
2 heaping Tb tomato paste
2 heaping Tb creamy peanut butter
2 Tb soy sauce
Zest and juice of a lime
Few shakes of your favorite curry powder
Tb or 2 of rice wine vinegar
LOTS of red pepper flakes
1 tsp fish sauce
About 5 drops liquid stevia
Sliced jarred lemongrass (you could easily omit but I have been putting this awesomeness in everything since finding it at Whole Foods a few weeks ago)
The verdict: delicious! I'm terribly excited for round 2 tomorrow. I am presenting some of my research at a school poster session that runs through lunchtime, so I will be VERY ready for this tastiness come 1:30pm when I can finally eat.
Verdict the second: after a month or two of eating low-carb, high-fat quite consistently, I have to say I'm beyond pleased with this approach. The food is delicious and filling, I've lost about 13 pounds so far, a long-term skin rash issue is clearing up, and my mood is AMAZING. Like, I'm obnoxiously happy almost all of the time. Many people report improvement in their depression, anxiety, and even bipolar symptoms on this sort of diet, so I guess that's not surprising. Nourish those brains with more fat, I say!
Recipe for this tasty Thai-inspired salad behind the jump...
I was inspired by (and mostly followed) this recipe over at Ruled.Me for Thai BBQ Pork Salad. Here's my adapted version:
Salad ingredients:
Thinly sliced green cabbage, 1 leaf/person
Chopped lettuce, few cups/person (I used several types)
Chopped red pepper
Sliced cucumber
Diced daikon
Chopped carrot
Chopped mint and cilantro
Sliced scallion
Leftover slices of roast pork tenderloin (which was on super sale at Kroger this week)
Sauce ingredients for 3 servings, mix everything and pour over salad:
2 heaping Tb tomato paste
2 heaping Tb creamy peanut butter
2 Tb soy sauce
Zest and juice of a lime
Few shakes of your favorite curry powder
Tb or 2 of rice wine vinegar
LOTS of red pepper flakes
1 tsp fish sauce
About 5 drops liquid stevia
Sliced jarred lemongrass (you could easily omit but I have been putting this awesomeness in everything since finding it at Whole Foods a few weeks ago)
The verdict: delicious! I'm terribly excited for round 2 tomorrow. I am presenting some of my research at a school poster session that runs through lunchtime, so I will be VERY ready for this tastiness come 1:30pm when I can finally eat.
Verdict the second: after a month or two of eating low-carb, high-fat quite consistently, I have to say I'm beyond pleased with this approach. The food is delicious and filling, I've lost about 13 pounds so far, a long-term skin rash issue is clearing up, and my mood is AMAZING. Like, I'm obnoxiously happy almost all of the time. Many people report improvement in their depression, anxiety, and even bipolar symptoms on this sort of diet, so I guess that's not surprising. Nourish those brains with more fat, I say!
No comments:
Post a Comment