Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Random Act of Kindness #1

I'm doing 30 RAoK (Random Acts of Kindness) before my 30th birthday in September and documenting them on here in hopes of inspiring others to share kindness lavishly! Yay!

As I have already discussed on the blog, I've been spending one night a week in a sketchy rural Motel 6 for my far-away practicum placement for school. The place is a dump, but the evening front desk clerk is a gem. I've watched him handle unbelievable verbal abuse with grace, and he always went above and beyond for me despite the obviously limited resources in his workplace.

So, for my final stay here tonight I picked up a gift certificate to a tasty restaurant in town, handed it to him, and said, "I imagine your job is pretty thankless, but I wanted to give you something for helping me so much this year." Cue warm fuzzies, and let the RAoK games begin!

2 comments:

  1. So, Dad says they're not random acts, they're intentional. I told him they're random to the recipient...
    Whatever you call 'em, they're great smile-inducers. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, I'm calling them "random" because they are to the recipient (i.e., not occurring on a birthday or for Christmas or something). I'm going to try some truly random ones soon, like leaving change by a vending machine with a note.

      Delete